Job Responsibilities :
• Support the Company’s HNW product strategies by working closely with
immediate manager as well as Product Marketing to assess the feasibility of
ideas from commercial/financial/regulatory perspectives, hence providing
appropriate proposals and advice to the senior management for decision
• Conduct profit testing and key metrics sensitivities and various impact analyses
to support new initiatives and business growth.
• Ensure proper product implementation in the illustration and administration
• Ensure proper governance and approval process is followed through by liaising
with Risk and Aegon Group.
• Liaise with various stakeholders including Sales, IT and Ops on product related
support/queries, e.g. special handling or quotations.
• On project basis, provide support/guidance to junior team members.
Job Requirements :
• 5 years’ hands-on experience in various product development and pricing
projects that may include Non-Par, Par, ILAS, IUL, VUL, high-end Health and sickness products.
Professional /Technical Competencies Required:
• Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline.
• Have made significant progress in the actuarial exams.
• Knowledge in computer programming, esp. VBA in Excel.
• Qualified Actuary, FSA or equivalent
• Actuarial software programming in RAFM (or C++).
• Experience of pricing a wide variety of different product types.
• Experience in end-to-end product development cycle that includes implementation.
• Knowledge of Hong Kong & Singapore insurance markets, including competitive landscape and customer/distribution trends.
• Knowledge of HNW insurance markets under the Hong Kong, Singapore and Bermuda regulatory framework.
• Experience with IFRS, US GAAP and Market Consistent Framework.
• Experience with having worked with senior management on product development and pricing analyses for decision making.
• Ability to work independently and responsibly
• Ability to think on his/her own feet and the responsibility/willingness to take ownership to make things happen
• Strong attention to detail and desire to produce a high quality work product and learn
• Good time management and thrives working flexibly under sometimes challenging project based timescales
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks
• Effective communication skills, especially in being able to document and effectively convey moderate to complex actuarial accounting and reporting topics to cross-functional stakeholders
• Good problem solving & analytical skills, especially in being able to find practical solutions to implement technical concepts
• Strong desire to learn by working on project based new developments
• Leadership: ability to provide support/guidance to junior team members and co-ordinate actuarial inputs for product development and pricing discussions.
• Interpersonal skills and collaboration: working effectively and cooperatively with others: establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Communication: clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals and groups, verbally and in writing, in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Presentation/Influencing skills: able to engage and influence cross functional and external stakeholders and manage a balance between potentially conflicting priorities/considerations.
• Analysis/Problem solving: ability to proactively identify and initiate actions required for the company to changing regulatory and product pricing requirements.
A team player with excellent interpersonal skills to work across multiple disciplines.