- Develop, structure and market appropriate reinsurance solutions encompassing accounting, regulatory and economic risk-transfer aspect
- Technical development of pricing tools to analyses risk and profitability of life reinsurance solutions
- The technical pricing will be a team effort, but the individual is expected to compile various input for different people and use his/her own discretion in developing the solution
- Work with the Japan Client Partner, APAC CEO and APAC Financial Solutions Lead to broaden client contacts and client base in Japan
- Review of Japanese legal documents under the guidance of external and internal counsel.
- Proficient in Japanese and English for reading, writing and conversations
- Qualified Life Actuary with at least 8 years of relevant financial services industry experience
- Strong actuarial background in pricing life and health insurance / reinsurance and familiar in accounting standards (e.g. JGAAP), solvency regimes (e.g. Japan ESR and Solvency II), financial reporting, valuation, EV, and ALM
- Comfortable in a client facing capacity as well as working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experience in actuarial pricing and structure bespoke reinsurance agreements will be ideal.