This is an exciting opportunity to join and be part of growing and dynamic IFRS Insurance team. The Organization is uniquely positioned in the market to leverage the global knowledge and local market capabilities.
The insurance industry, globally, is entering a very challenging period as it prepares to completely transform the financial reports and prepare for their investors to raise capital and to report their performance. This transformation is triggered by the fundamental revision of IFRS financial reporting rules (IFRS 17 “Insurance Contracts”) for insurers that are in use in over 100 countries.
This company has very ambitious plans to serve the large local insurance sector with a multidisciplinary approach that will combine accounting, actuarial and technology skills. The team is due to expand significantly over the next 12-18 months and the career prospects against this unique opportunity are compelling given the opportunity to work at the leading edge of the accounting profession, serving sophisticated clients and delivering complex projects that can transform a whole sector.
Work you’ll do:
• Advise clients on the implementation of IFRS 17, which are of particular importance to the Insurance Industry
• Advise clients on the evolution in internal control processes and the business as a whole, which occur as a result of the changes caused by IFRS 17
• Work hand in hand with the Technology and other teams to upgrade the existing reporting system as and when need arises.
• Contribute to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with insurance clients
• Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients
• Prepare and facilitate IFRS 17 trainings for clients including their core implementation team
Your role as a leader:
• Act as a role model and inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values
• Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develop and retain top talent and high performing teams
• Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Translate broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
• Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Establish a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
• You should already have at least five years’ experience in delivering professional services to insurance clients as an auditor or a consultant in the area of accounting, finance, actuarial valuation or risk management
• You should have the ability to relate financial reporting regulations to business processes, to generate business benefits on top of making an insurance business compliant
• You should have a strong interest in the developments of IFRS 17 and be looking to develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time
• You should be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines, such as actuarial and technology, as well as across cultures and seniority
• You should be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients.
• You should be an excellent communicator and have fluency in English.
• You should have an accounting qualification, but we will also look at candidates with strong client delivery experience